Annual Pre-cyclone Clean Up information
Every year in the Top End, the various councils conduct a pre-cyclone clean-up. This is a hard rubbish collection to help residents tidy their yard in preparation for the cyclone season.
Every year in the Top End, the various councils conduct a pre-cyclone clean-up. This is a hard rubbish collection to help residents tidy their yard in preparation for the cyclone season. The clean-up removes items which could become dangerous missiles in the event of a cyclone or high winds in the wet season.
This year, the Darwin City council has divided up the suburbs into two zones, each zone will have a different collection day. You can find the collection date for your area via this map: list of suburbs.
In the Palmerston and surrounds? Information on your collection can be found here: https://www.palmerston.nt.gov.au/operations/environment/pre-cyclone-clean
Tips when placing your items
- Ensure you place your items in a responsible way and keep the footpaths clear
- Be aware of potential danger of items placed on other people's nature strips
- Remember to keep footpaths clear and be mindful of the safety of others.
- To make collection easier, please separate your items into groups with similar items.
- Be sure to leave a space between groups rather than bundling everything together.
Did you Know?
When placing fridges, freezers or items with a compartment over 40L capacity or more, you must remove the doors/lids, hinges or locks before placing them in a public space.
Items that will not be collected are:
- garden refuse
- car parts / bodies / tyres / engines
- car batteries
- glass or mirrors
- food waste
Please note: Seniors and residents with mobility limitations in Darwin City council can request assistance to remove items from their property. Contact DCC no later than the Friday before your collection: 08 8930 0300
Find out what date your suburb…and any other FAQ’s: https://www.darwin.nt.gov.au/live/waste-recycling/household-waste/pre-cyclone-clean-up
Living in Palmerston and surrounds? Here is more information for you: https://www.palmerston.nt.gov.au/operations/environment/pre-cyclone-clean
Source: DCC, Aug 2018