Darwin School Holiday Ideas
Updated September 2021. Here's our list of school holiday activities to do in Darwin over the June/July holidays. You can thank us later!
Darwin School Holiday Ideas: September 2021
To keep your kids occupied during these school holidays, here's a list of things to do with kids these school holidays to keep them busy and stop the dreaded wails of “Mum, I’m bored!”
Take a look at our list below and if you think something is missing, please drop us an email.
- Big Buoy Water Park
- Fish Feeding at Doctor's Gully
- Laser Tag at Zone 3
- Snake Encounter at Crocodylys Park
- Croc Feeding Tour at Crocodylus Park
- Crocosaurus Cove in the heart of Darwin
- Catch an iconic barramundi at Barramundi Adventures Darwin
- 00Seven Guided Jet Ski Adventures
- Darwin Hop On Hop Off Bus
- Gardens Park Mini Golf
- Gasworks Kids Holiday Program
- Cycling and BBQ at East Point Reserve
- Dripstone Cliffs for a picnic
- Bitter Springs and Mataranka Hot Springs: Katherine Region National Parks
- Territory Wildlife Park only 45mins from Darwin
- Spend a morning with Sweetheart the Crocodile at the Museum and Art Gallery of the Northern Territory
- Always a lot to do at the waterfront, including the wavepool.
- Below is a list of events coming up in the school holidays
- Leanyer Waterpark is great place for free waterslides, water playground and pool.
See Darwin and surrounds and hear the stories of the Aboriginal people. Pudakul is 100% Aboriginal owned and operated and they offer an original popular Aboriginal culture and nature based engagement experience. The Aboriginal Cultural Tour is a 2 hour experience that gives you a chance to learn and understand the local customs and traditions of the aboriginal people of the region.
- Visit the website here
- Get a strike with ten pin bowling at Planet Ten Pin Bowling in Nightcliff.
- Note the kids' indoor playground is no longer open. More info here.
Darwin Airport Precinct
Just off McMillans Road, there's three great places to spend a few hours:
- Get inspired these holidays. MAGNT has partly reopened, waiting for you to explore the various exhibits.
- The Playshack offers families a quality family recreation centre equipped with jungle gyms, soft play and slides – ideal for children aged 0-12 years.
- Check out the latest online events for kids and teens
- Check out these awesome things you can borrow at the libraries
- Lego Club
- City of Palmerston has a great line up every school holidays.
- Palmerston Water Park
- Creative Workshops - the latest kids school holiday workshops
- Click here for the latest City of Palmerston Library School Holiday program.
- Geek Squad for all things Anime, at City of Palmerston Library
- Check here for the latest events from the Territory Wildlife Park.
- The school holidays are the perfect time to go camping
- NT Tourism
- NT Government Campgrounds
- 5 of the best campsites.
- Tumbling Waters Holiday Park
- Butterfly Gorge
Crocodiles. If you're into your crocodiles, then here's where you'll find them:
- Crocosaurus Cove, especially the Junior Reptile Ranger Program.
- Crocodylus Park has a great school holiday program.
- And for those happy to travel there's a number of croc sighting cruises beyond Darwin.
These are just a handful of the awesome things to do in and around Darwin these school holidays. If we have missed off something, send us an email and we’d love to feature your top pick!