Darwin School Holiday Ideas
Updated Nov 2020. Here's our list of things to do in Darwin over the school holidays. You can thank us later!
Congatulations to our December 2020 Darwin Ice Skating Competition Winner!
A huge congratulations to our December 2020 competition winner Amy Carroll! We hope you and your family enjoyed the $80 voucher for Darwin Ice Skating over the holidays!
Thank you to everyone who entered - and keep an eye out for our next competition coming shortly. In the meantime, check out some Darwin school holiday ideas below:
Darwin School Holiday Ideas
To keep your kids occupied during the holidays, check out our guide of where to go and what to do. Here's a list of things to do with kids these school holidays to keep them busy and stop the dreaded wails of “Mum, I’m bored!” Take a look at our list below and if you think something is missing, please drop us an email.
- Darwin Harbour Sunset Cruise
- Crocodylus Park Croc Feeding Tour
- Aquascene Fish Feeding
- Crabclaw Island Resort only 1 hour away from Darwin
- Dripstone Cliffs for a picnic
- Bitter Springs and Mataranka Hot Springs: Katherine Region National Parks
- Territory Wildlife Park only 45mins from Darwin
- Spend a morning with Sweetheart the Crocodile at the Museum and Art Gallery of the Northern Territory
- The NT Government and Dariwn Council are doing their best to encourage locals to get out and spend during the holidays.
- Haven't used your $200 Tourism Voucher yet? Browse ideas here.
- Sign up for info on the Feb 2021 voucher release
- LetsGoKids - get hold of the booklet for some great deals.
- The school holidays are the perfect time to go camping
- NT Tourism
- NT Government Campgrounds
- 5 of the best campsites.
- Tumbling Waters Holiday Park
- Butterfly Gorge
- Always a lot to do at the waterfront, including the wavepool.
- Here's a list of events coming up in the school holidays
- And here's a list of free events
- A great place for free waterslides, water playground and pool.
- Get a strike with ten pin bowling at Planet Ten Pin Bowling in Nightcliff.
- Note the kids' indoor playground is no longer open. More info here.
Darwin Airport Precinct
Just off McMillans Road, there's three great places to spend a few hours:
- Get inspired these holidays. MAGNT has partly reopened, waiting for you to explore the various exhibits.
- The Playshack offers families a quality family recreation centre equipped with jungle gyms, soft play and slides – ideal for children aged 0-12 years.
- Check out the latest online events for kids and teens
- Check out these awesome things you can borrow at the libraries
- Lego Club
- City of Palmerston has a great line up every school holidays.
- Creative Workshops - the latest kids school holiday workshops
- Click here for the latest City of Palmerston Library School Holiday program.
- Geek Squad for all things Anime, at City of Palmerston Library
- Check here for the latest events from the Territory Wildlife Park.
Crocodiles. If you're into your crocodiles, then here's where you'll find them:
- Crocosaurus Cove, especially the Junior Reptile Ranger Program.
- Crocodylus Park has a great school holiday program.
- And for those happy to travel there's a number of croc sighting cruises beyond Darwin.
These are just a handful of the awesome things to do in and around Darwin these school holidays. If we have missed off something, send us an email and we’d love to feature your top pick!