Keep the kids entertained in the school holidays in Darwin
Here's our list of things to do in Darwin over the school holidays. You can thank us later!
School Holiday Ideas
To keep your kids occupied during the school holidays, check out our guide of where to go and what to do. Here's a list of things to do with kids these school holidays to keep them busy and stop the dreaded wails of “Mum, I’m bored!” Take a look at our list below and if you think something is missing, please drop us an email.
- The NT Government and Dariwn Council are doing their best to encourage locals to get out and spend during the holidays. Don't miss these vouchers.
- Trourism Voucher - $200 per person.
- LetsGoKids - get hold of the booklet for some great deals.
- The dry-season is the perfect time to go camping, and with only locals in the NT, it's a great time to have places to yourself.
- NT Tourism
- NT Government Campgrounds
- 5 of the best campsites.
- Always a lot to do at the waterfront, including the wavepool.
- Here's a list of events coming up in January.
- And don't forget the Christmas lights and NYE fireworks.
- A great place for free waterslides, water playground and pool.
- Here's the list of the things to do this school holidays supported by Surf Lifesaving NT.
- Get a strike with ten pin bowling at Planet Ten Pin Bowling in Nightcliff.
- Note the kids' indoor playground is no longer open. More info here.
Darwin Airport Precinct
Just off McMillans Road, there's three great places to spend a few hours:
- Get inspired with the night sky and other activities these holidays. Explore how the Moon and its phases continue to impact the anumal and human life.
- The Playshack offers families a quality family recreation centre equipped with jungle gyms, soft play and slides – ideal for children aged 0-12 years.
- Watch movies on the big screen at the City of Darwin Library. Enjoy the latest movies, with all of your families.
- Here's a full list of activities at the Darwin Library these school holidays.
- Join for a variety of skill building activities regarding Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Mathematics through play-based learning. Its open for all ages with no bookings required.
- City of Palmerston has a great line up every school holidays.
- Click here for the January program.
- Check here for the latest events from the Territory Wildlife Park.
Crocodiles. If you're into your corcodiles, then here's where you'll find them:
- Crocosaurus Cove, especially the Junior Reptile Ranger Program.
- Crocodylus Park has a great school holiday program.
- And for those happy to travel there's a number of croc sighting cruises beyond Darwin.
These are just a handful of the awesome things to do in and around Darwin these school holidays. If we have missed off something, send us an email and we’d love to feature your top pick!