COVID-19 & Doing Our Bit
Here is some important information for our visitors, owners, tenants, contractors and staff as at 10 January 2022.
Updated 10 January 2022
COVID-19: Jan 2022 Update
Well it seems we're in for another interesting year in 2022, as January kicks off with the COVID-19 Omicron wave in the Northern Territory.
Here at Absolute Real Estate we're doing our bit to keep our customers, contractors and staff as safe as possible, and have implemented the below steps to reduce the risk of transmission:
1. Open by Appointment Only
Our office is open to customers / tenants / contractors - by appointment only, or for key return. This is to minimise an influx of people in our premises, and manage people on site to ensure the safety of our staff and our visitors. People without appointments are being respectfully asked to leave and make an appointment.
2. Property Managers Working Remotely
Our property managers are working remotely to minimise people in the office, and exposure to indivuals. They will be coming into the office for appointments and tenant inductions are being completed on site.
3. No Document Handling
No document handling - all our documentation is digital.
4. We're Available by Phone
We will happily assist you via phone - just give us a call on 08 8930 6600
We can't avoid COVID-19, but we can certainly do out bit, by minimising exposure and lowering the risk of us all being close contacts and having to isolate.
- Give us a call on 08 8930 6600
- Email us on Hello@absolute.com.au
- Please call the COVID-19 Hotline on 1800 490 484 if you require any information
- Visit the COVID-19 website here
Updated Aug 2021
COVID-19: Aug 2021 Update
Well, we have made it through 2 snap lockdowns (eek!) in Darwin! Here is some important information for our owners, tenants and contractors in the event that we go into a lockdown in Darwin.
We'll continue to update this as and when the advice changes.
1. COVID Hotline & Updates
- COVID 19 hotline number: 1800 193 111.
- NT Updates can be found here: https://coronavirus.nt.gov.au/
2. We're not an "Essential Business"
3. Lockdown Restrictions
- To receive health care or attend medical appointments. Including to get the COVID-19 vaccine
- To undertake shopping and get necessary goods and services. Supermarkets will stay open, so there is no need to stock up on groceries.
- To exercise for up to one hour a day within 5km of your home and only with members of your household or one other person
- To undertake essential work (see below). If you can work from home – you must work from home.
- In case of an emergency or if there is family violence or to provide essential care to a loved one or dependent.
4. Emergency Repairs & Maintenance
- burst water pipes
- blocked or broken toilet
- serious roof leak
- gas leak
- dangerous electrical fault
- flooding or serious flood damage
- serious storm, fire or impact damage
- failure or breakdown of the gas, electricity or water supply to the premises
- failure or breakdown of an essential service or appliance for water or cooking
- fault or damage that makes the premises unsafe or insecure
- fault or damage that can likely injure a person, damage property or inconvenience you
- a serious fault in a staircase or lift or other area that inconveniences you in gaining access or using premises.
5. Tenants cannot move in or out at this time
Updated 01 May 2020
The New Business - As - Usual
We put together a number of responses to the COVID-19 pandemic and restrictions in the NT. The NT Government have now released a Roadmap to Recovery that charts a path to a new normal for the NT. This provides the community and our business with clarity and sense of security as to what the future may hold. See below for the NT's pathway.
Our plan for our clients and staff in returning to the new Business-As-Usual is to:
- Open Inspections have begun.
- We're available for individual viewings too.
- All staff are working from the office again.
- We'll continue the social distancing and hygiene practices that we've instituted and are covered below.
- NTCAT Hearings will resume from 18 May.
- Routine Inspections will begin again in June.
- As we're pretty digitally savvy we're keen to continue to offer our clients the virtual and video options we've always offered. Click here for a list of those items.
We're excited to be getting back to a new 'business as usual' state, and believe that Darwin is one of the safest places to do business in the country.
26 March 2020
Absolute Real Estate’s Response and Precautions to the
Coronavirus (COVID 19)
We’re not ones given to panic, but we’re keen to be cautious and to protect the most high-risk in our community. Therefore, Absolute Real Estate has taken a number of precautions to protect: our amazing staff; fabulous clients, both landlords and tenants; the broader community especially those most at risk from COVID 19; and our brilliant medical staff who would be overwhelmed with cases if we don’t do our bit. So, our ‘bit’ is to provide a safe place to work and do business in Darwin.
Firstly, we’d like to assure everyone that none of our staff are showing any flu like symptoms or have just returned from overseas We’ll monitor this and ensure that we support our staff and provide a safe work environment for everyone.
Should any of our staff show any flu-like symptoms we’ll ensure they’re able to work from home as they self-isolate for 14 days or until they return a negative test result. We’ll also provide sick leave for them should they need it. We’ll also provide sick leave should any of our staff be required to care for any sick family members, which will include their parents.
During any public meetings, including home opens, we’ll ensure that personal contact is avoided, and hand sanitiser is available. This protects our staff, the public and the resident in the home.
As we’re nearly a 100% paperless office there are very times we require in-person/in-office contact. We’ll move to a 100% paperless officer over the coming week to improve our precautions.
We offer VR walk throughs of properties and 3D floorplans. We’ll encourage all our owners to move to VR and 3D in the coming weeks to ensure that you can view properties from the comfort and safety of your own home; there will be very little requirement to come to the office or meet our staff in person, yet you can still conduct business with Absolute Real Estate.
We’ve introduced these precautions to provide a level of assurance and confidence that when you do business with Absolute Real Estate you can feel secure that you’re not exposing yourself to unnecessary risk.
We wish our entire community a safe next few weeks.
If you think we can do more, please let us know be sending an email to email@example.com
Absolute Real Estate